Ok so the honest truth? I know it can be boring to read blogs with no pictures or no cute babies:) So that's why I haven't updated recently! Yeh, call it an excuse.....which it might be, but I'm being honest:) So hopefully I can come up with something to capture ya'll's interest!
So let's back up and see what's been going on over here in our house in the past month:)
Jesse's brother Ben got married on Sept. 13 to Hannah! It was such a beautiful wedding and fun too:) It's been fun to have another couple in the family to hang out with! We really enjoy spending time together!
Of course we still have fun getting together with Patrick and Katy! Probably every Sat. night or so:) We went last Saturday to Gabe's with them! But I was dissappointed in not finding much! Oh well, next time maybe:)
God has still been taking me/us on a faith journey! I've come to the place, where I know I just have to trust God and press through the mucky and not so pretty stuff! It's been so fitting and interesting in what I've been reading lately! My bible study has been going through a Beth Moore study, "The Patriarchs" (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) and it couldn't come at a better time in my life!
As I am still processing and moving on, from the last couple months, to being pregnant, losing our baby and starting to try again, God has been with me the whole time, speaking to me and reassuring me of His promises to me and Jesse!
Just tonight in this study I was reading about how Isaac pleaded with God to give his wife a child! And God granted him that request and gave them a double blessing, twins:) And I guess I never thought about it before, but Sarah and her daughter-in-law(Rebecca) were both barren! Beth made an interesting point! She said that maybe there was a bigger purpose in play here(which there was)! Sarah and Rebecca had things that came up that questioned the fullfillment of God's pomises, but in the end He came through!!
This really opened my eyes, especially since I can kind of relate to these women, no I don't believe I'm barren, but there have been alot of things that Satan has brought against my family, with the women and child-bearing! And with us taking a while to have kids and then having a miscarriage, it does cause questions to rise, but yet I know something good and beautiful is going to come out of this!
Look at Sarah and Rebecca, they knew God had promised them a nation, but then the difficulties in getting there!! I admire them for their faith!! It had to take 10 times more faith than what I have, since they were old and past child-bearing years!!
But then look at how God blessed their sons!! Ican honestly say, that while I would have given anything to get pregnant right after we had married or just get pregnant quickly, God has taught me things, that I would not have seen otherwise!!! He has made me grow stronger in Him,He has stretched me and tested me! I feel so close to Him right now, knowing that I can't do this on my own!! I know that He will fulfill His promises in my life!! I don't know when or how!! But I know my God is faithful!!!
That's all for now, that's on my mind anyhow!
Happy Wednsday:)




No comments:
Post a Comment