Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving /Black Friday/Christmas decorating/Family=A weekend of Fun!

WARNING: THis may be a long post!

So this is a little late, since Thanksgiving was almost a week ago already, but nobody really cares, do they? :)
I'm going to write kind of backwards, because for some reason, some of my pictures loaded in the wrong order and I don't feel like moving them!

So I always wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas, it just doesn't seem right to do it before! So Saturday, I pulled out the Christmas music and went to town:) We're not doing a tree this year, so I tried to dress up my other decorations as much as possible, although we do have a tiny tree!!



This is my angel shelf:)



I came up with this idea for my coffee table, since I'm not using the balls for a tree!




This is our tiny tree up on top of the bookshelf!



These are my snowmen:) The thing on the left is penguins on a sleigh, I made it one year with my sisters! Also made the 2 little snowmen(they're really ornaments) :)




This is on our table!
These aren't all the pictures, but I have alot more pics. of other things today! I had fun decorating anyway:)
Thanksgiving day, Jesse and I celebrated with his family. We went to York, to his aunt and uncles and ate tons of good food, and played card games for hours!! I made a pumpkin cheesecake! It was yummy! If you couldn't tell by now, I love to cook and bake, and try new things!! One of these times, I might regret always trying new recipes for the first time and serving them to family or guests !! HA:) But this turned out!



THis was the original picture, the recipe was from Olive Garden!



ANd this is my cheesecake!!! Not quite as pretty, but still soo good!


SO I don't have any pictures from Black Friday, but for the first time, since forever, we didn't get up at 4am and stand in lines and lines of people!!! Jesse had to work on our house project all day and neither of us saw anything very good that was worth battleing the freezing air and grumpy people!
I did get up and meet Carolyn at 7am, we did some shopping and got some bargains!!! I got a waffle maker for free:) BEAT THAT! It was $20 and had a $10 rebate and then I discovered I had a $10 gift card! I was happy:)
The best part of the day though, was when Carolyn and I came home around 10:30 and made waffles and breakfast quesadillas with the quesadilla maker she bought! They were sooo good!! And Jesse and Ben and Hannah joined us:) I like memories like that:) (I think I was just happy to have a couple days off work!)
SO Sunday we went to my parents house for my family Thanksgiving!!! We had a blast:) Well we usually do:)


Here we are getting ready to eat the yummy meal:)


We did family pictures, my sister's friend came and took them!! We had alot of fun with that:)


Here's my whole family!! I love them so much:) (we took a zillion pictures, so we could actually get a good one! Yes, my family can be goofy and we can't sit still for long:)

My sisters and I:) As you can see, we still pick on each other! We're in order l-r, oldest to youngest.




My oldest sister, bro-in-law and nephew.

Jesse and I:)


My good-looking parents:)





ANd my youngest sister!
Somehow my other sister and her hubby disappeared:) I don't know how I don't have a picture of them!
After we took pictures, we hung out, played games, ate more food, played crazy charades and ate more food:)
It was alot of fun and a perfect end to a fun weekend:)
I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with 2 awesome families that get-along great and love each other!! I am so blessed! That's what God was showing me this Thanksgiving!!! His blessings are rich!!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment