Friday, September 18, 2009

sharing a couple recipes:)

So I was trying to decide what to post and then I decided to participate in Kelly's Korner I have been reading this blog for awhile, but never participated in anything and this week she is doing a "share your favorite dinner recipe" Well I happen to love to cook and love sharing recipes, so this should be easy for me:)

So here is a recipe for Pork BBQ, my hubby's favorite! He says he likes this better than Hess's bbq:) And that's a compliment!! I love it too and its so easy! I try to come up with easy but tasty meals since I work all the time:)

Pork BBQ

1 (2-3lb.) boneless, pork shoulder butt roast

2 cups water

1 (1.5 oz. env.) onion soup mix

1 garlic clove, minced

1/2 cup bbq sauce, preferably sweet baby rays:)

1/2 cup ketchup

1 Tablespoon brown sugar

rolls

cheese

~Place pork in crockpot. Combine water, soup mix and garlic; pour over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hrs. The pork will be very tender!

~Remove the meat and shred with a fork. Place in a seperate bowl.

~In a saucepan, mix together 2 Tablespoons of soup liquid that was left in the crockpot, the bbq sauce, ketchup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.


~Spoon sauce over the pork and mix well.

~Serve on rolls of your choice and top with cheese!!

I always make a little extra sauce, plus it always makes leftovers, for the next day and I still have enough to freeze too:) Actually we just had this tonight:) Yummy!

Another favorite recipe that I make alot is stromboli!! You can make it so many ways and its good every time! And it's pretty easy too! This is my favorite way to make it for us!

Stromboli

For Dough, you can use 1 loaf of frozen bread dough, but I always make my own!

This is using a breadmaker:

1/2 teas. salt

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 & 1/2 teas. active dry yeast

1 cup water

2 Tablesp. olive oil

fresh ground blk. pepper

~Combine all ingrediants into bread pan, select dough setting. Press start/stop(mine takes 1 1/2 hrs)

~ Remove dough and place onto a floured surface. Roll into a rectangle, maybe 12-14 in. long and 9 in. wide? i never measure, just use your judgment!

For Stromboli I use:

1 cup pizza or pasta sauce

5 slices, thinly sliced, deli ham

pepperoni, (sandwich or pizza kind)

1/4 -1/2 lb gr. sausage, cooked

diced onions

diced peppers

mushrooms, canned

Italian seasoning

garlic powder

3-4 slices prov. cheese

1/2 cup mozz. cheese

~So then I add 1/2 the sauce, down the middle of the dough(lengthwise, don't spread all the way to the edges)

~Add seasonings, then layer, 3 slices ham, pepperoni, sausage, the rest of the sauce, then veggies and mushrooms.

~Top with rest of ham and slices of prov. and add shredded mozz. on top!

~ Start with long side and roll like a jelly roll, tucking in the sides. Place seam side down on a greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 min. I like to brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic powder on top, before baking! Also if you cover with foil and then remove halfway through baking, the dough won't be as hard!

This is soo yummy and you can make it any way you want, really the measurements for the stromboli(not the dough) are just a guess on my part, I never measure:)

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment